MainWP Requires the following to work correctly:
- WordPress 3.6 or greater
- WordPress Memory Limit 64MB or more
- PHP version 5.3 or greater
- PHP Safe Mode Disabled
- PHP Max Execution Time 30 seconds or more
- PHP Memory Limit 128MB or more
- cURL Library Enabled
- cURL Timeout 300 seconds or more
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater
Not required but helpful
- A memory limit of at least 512MB will help the syncing a lot (memory_limit in php.ini) – Dashboard Site
- Increase the connection limit if limited by the host (open file limit of operating system) – Dashboard Site
- Increase timeout setting of php (max_execution_time set to 5 minutes) – Dashboard Site
- Disable aborting the request processing if the users closes the site (ignore_user_abort in php.ini) – Dashboard Site
Before choosing a hosting provider for your Dashboard be sure to check the Hosting Compatibility doc for any known issues.
As your Network grows…
It is important to keep in mind that as you increase the number of managed sites on your Dashboard Server resources will need to increase. Managing more sites means that your server will need more memory and other resources to complete the tasks requested. The suggestions below are not required, but will help to ensure you have the best experience managing your sites.
30 sites or less any shared hosting plan should suffice.
31-100 sites we suggest a re-seller hosting account with additional server memory. You should also set the optimize for large networks to ON in your MainWP Settings.
100+ sites you should consider a VPS managing this many sites. That VPS should have at least 512MB of memory. You should also set the optimize for large networks to ON in your MainWP Settings.